Hi I'm Natalie and welcome to Talking Sport. Today we're hearing about a boxer from Brazil and learning the phrase 'work out' and the word 'atmosphere' After the London Olympics the next games will be in Rio de Janeiro! One man hoping to qualify for

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

When you come to the sponsors' village in the centre of Torino, there's no doubt who paid the big bucks to link with the Winter Olympics. Eleven companies have paid 800 million dollars to the Internat

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2006年

The olympic games The Olympic games are held every four years. The winter Olympics are usually held two years before the summer Olympics. The old Olympic games began around the year 776 B.C. in Greece. After about the year 393 A.D., the Olympic games

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(162) / 评论(0) 分类 高考英语作文高分必备

At Olympics, North Korea Seeks Charm Diplomacy The president of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) has announced plans to visit North Korea after the PyeongChang Winter Olympics. An IOC spokesman said Olympics chief Thomas Bach had agreed to t

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

manager 经纪人 instructor 教练,技术指导 guide 领队 trainer 助理教练 referee, umpire (网球、棒球)裁判 linesman, touch judge (橄榄球)裁判 contestant, competitor, play

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

1. In Greece, a senior judge is sworn in to lead a caretaker government for the next month. This comes a day after power-sharing talks collapsed. Greece is facing a political crisis, threatening its membership in the euro. 2. Vice President Joe Biden

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(五月)

We have a very special guest today. Welcome, Rebecca Runner! 我们今天请来了一位特殊嘉宾。欢迎丽贝卡朗纳! Please call me Becky. Rebecca is too formal. 请叫我贝姬。丽贝卡太正式了。 Sure thing! So, Becky, what is hap

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(171) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

I'm Alex Hua Tian, an Olympic Chinese event rider, and I train and live in Britain. I've been in school in the UK since I was 11 years old. And now I'm based here full time, training for 2012. Although I live in the countryside, I love the hustle and

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

The success of women in Olympic sports can be tied to the opportunities available in their home countries. Women won more total medals than men in 29 countries that participated in the 2016 Rio Games and at least one other Summer Olympics. 女性在奥

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

RIO DE JANEIRO, May 21 (Xinhua) -- Cleveland Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao says he is over his injury problems and ready to lead Brazil's quest for gold in the London Olympics men's basketball tournament. Having been one of the NBA's star perform

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

TOKYO, March 4 (Xinhua) -- The International Olympic Committee' s (IOC) Evaluation Commission on Monday kicked off its four-day visit in Japan's capital of Tokyo to assess the city's bid for the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The Tokyo visit is t

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

SAO PAULO, Feb. 12 (Xinhua) -- Former world No. 1 Rafael Nadal has revealed the Rio 2016 Olympic Games has provided him with motivation to continue his career beyond the age of 30. The 11-time grand slam winner is competing in both the singles and do

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

RIO DE JANEIRO, May 11 (Xinhua) -- Brazil's women's volleyball team moved one step closer to the London Olympics after beating Colombia 3-0 (25-11, 25-18, 25-19) in the the South American Olympic qualifiers on Thursday. Brazil will wait for their sem

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是contender。 Contender, 是竞争者的意思。 A strong contender, 是强有力的竞争者。He is a gold medal contender in the Olympics, 他是一个很有可能在奥运会上夺取金牌的选手。 再过一个月,美

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

LONDON, July 29 (Xinhua) -- South Africa's Cameron van der Burgh obliterated the world mark and won the men's 100m breaststroke gold medal at the London Olympics on Sunday. Burgh posted 58.46 seconds to wipe out the previous world record set by Austr

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

NAIROBI, Oct. 20 (Xinhua) -- Sports personalities led by the captain of the Kenyan team to the London 2012 Olympics, David Rudisha, were honored as the country celebrated its second Mashujaa (Heroes) Day on Saturday. In his address to the nation, Ken

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Improving London The Olympic games hope to regenerate a poor part of London and make it better with jobs, homes, shops and transport links. These will last for a hundred years or more, not just for a few weeks in the summer. The different buildings a

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Chinese young paddler Xu eyes on Rio Olympics SUZHOU, East China, Aug. 24 (Xinhua) -- Just back home from London two weeks ago, one of China's most hopeful paddlers Xu Xin has set his eyes on the next Olympic Games in Rio four years later. Having sta

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

NEW DELHI: BJP MP and Dalit leader Udit Raj raised a few eyebrows on Monday with a tweet which suggested that champion Jamaican athlete Usain Bolt went on to win nine Olympics gold despite being born in poverty after his trainer advised him to eat be

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LONDON, July 14 (Xinhua) --- Liu Xiang's back injury which forced him out of Saturday night's London Diamond League final will not affect his chance of winning at the Olympic Games in three weeks time, his coach Sun Haiping said here on Saturday. It'

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻